Thursday, February 3, 2011

We've got the date!

Alhamdulillah.. after so much dramas.. i decided to just follow my heart and proceed with the date i have in mind. Mr Fiance and I wanted to have our wedding earlier. (bukan dah gatal sangat nak kawin..) but we always think that the sooner we get married the sooner we can start building a family. Plus, boleh elakkan maksiat. But when we were engaged last November, Mr Fiance's family has stated firmly that the only time they can accomodate is during long school holidays, November or December 2011. Tak bestnya kena tunang lama-lama! So, kenduri tandang was decided to be held in December, our nikah was tentatively set to be a week earlier macam orang selalu buat. I'm not happy with it, Mr Fiance's not happy with it and my mom thinks a year of engagement is too long.

I couldn't sleep for days, neither Mr Fiance.. one discussion after another.. bila dating je default topic mesti cakap pasal kawin.. To satisfy everyone.. why not shift nikah date earlier? Who says you can not kacau tok kadi on hari raya? Well, i'm not that cruel.. not the first day of raya.. but we decided to nikah during Hari Malaysia and it falls on Friday.. insyaAllah berkat Jumaat, its 2 weeks of raya. So, there's a gap of 2 months between our nikah date and date of kenduri bertandang. Any problem with it?? I'm okay with it. Mr Fiance's okay with it..

So i blurbed it out to mom. As expected mom agrees with the idea to nikah awal. So does my dad. Alhamdulillah.. Now, how to explain this to Mr Fiance's parents? I'm crossing fingers.. Alhamdulillah his dad was okay with the idea! Great.. but..

But some people don't seem to agree with the idea. Ouh why is it too hard to please everyone? But i always believe in doing what we think is right. My instinct strongly says that this is the best so far. We decided to proceed with it anyway. Ya Allah permudahkan urusan kami. Amin..

4 comments:

  1. Hi dear,
    Good luck with your wedding prep ... My very best friend pun getting married on the same date ... I yg excited lebey !!! Hahah ...
    Xsalah pun having small budget for wedding, janji u & future husband happy ...
    If u don't mind, share ur e-day picture please ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mokcik.. ops(am i allowed to call that?)
    actually sedih jugak have to limit almost everything.. but this is not a fruitful year for us.. so we have to live as it is.. ukur baju di badan sendiri.. still finding time to compile mw e-day pictures..

    when is your day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can call me Reysha ... Hahah, proper sket ...

    I don't have a date yet, bf pun xde ... :D , I tumpang happy for my friends yg getting married this year je ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok reysha (nice name!)

    keep on blogging.. who knows your stalker can be your potential partner!

    ReplyDelete